7.26.2007

The Spray Booth

    
Ahh. Almost there. I finished spraying a second coat of acrylic hi-gloss sealer on the entire concrete floor. It's really gratifying to see all of the texture and color variations that were hidden for so many years come to life with this clear finish. I used an airless sprayer in conjunction with a 3/8" nap roller to even out the finish. The sealer was particularly powerful on the exposed red brick, which was endlessly dry, rough and crumbling. The acrylic clear coat was soaked up by the thirsty brick and grout and the walls are now sealed and water-proof. Now I'm on to sort the pluming drainage system. I expect to core two or three holes in the concrete floor and tie into the vertical sewer drain through the floor below. While doing this I am also finalizing the order for building materials, which I plan to have delivered all at one time.

No comments: