7.24.2007

Scrub a Dub Dub...

    
Oh goody, concrete surface scrubbing! What fun!!!! Ok, it was a lot of work, but surely the end result is worth the effort. This floor has not been cleaned for many, many years and the newly exposed concrete is really impressive. I rented an industrial floor scrubber with a "concrete brush" for the task. I had three gigs and 2 rehearsals over the past weekend, but still found time to painstakingly scrub the floor. This, of course, was accomplished by NOT SLEEPING AT ALL! I caught up on sleep a bit last night and today taped off the kitchen and bath area and laid the first coat of light grey epoxy floor paint. I decided to coat the kitchen and bath area with a solid color for uniformity. After this painted area is dry, I'll be spraying a few coats of acrylic gloss sealer on the entire floor and exposed brick. The photo on the right is the first real glimpse of this brick, which I exposed by carefully chipping away the ailing stucco that once covered it under both of the casement window walls.

When I first started this blog, my dear friend Brando suggested I include photos of myself working on-site to give the blog a sense of human-ness. While I'm not crazy about action shots of myself working on a loft, I figured a still shot of an un-manned concrete floor scrubber would indeed be quite benign...so there I am, in all my flattering glory, conducting said floor scrubber. Hope this helps make my blog a bit more personable.

No comments: